Friday, May 25, 2007

Painted veil (2007)



Waddington: She says I'm a good man.
Kitty Fane: As if a woman has ever loved a man for his virtue.
.....................................
Kitty Fane: Do you absolutely despise me?
Walter Fane: No I despise myself.
Kitty Fane: Why?
Walter Fane: For allowing myself to love you once.
.....................................
Kitty Fane: It's raining cats and dogs.
Kitty Fane: I said it's raining cats and dogs.
Walter Fane: Yes, I heard you.
Kitty Fane: You might have answered.
Walter Fane: I suppose I'm not used to speaking unless I've something to say.
Kitty Fane: If people only spoke when they had something to say, the human race would soon lose the power of speech.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed...communication or a lack of communication?!

How does it stress the importance of communication (and show the consequences of a lack of communication)? What's lacking in Kitty and Walter's marriage? What makes a marriage good or bad?
((:


M.

5/26/2007 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker